Thursday, June 27, 2013

How to make molds for polymer coin projects (Illigor Ithaqua Medallion!)

At one point in the campaign, theres a side plot to recover the Illigor's Ithaqua medallion, and Chaosium had a Ithaqua medallion as part of the Horror on the Orient Express kickstarter.  Unfortunately, at the time, I couldn't afford to get one and the other things I wanted.

Kinda didn't realize how much I'd end up wanting one.

So, I've been looking for a how-to, so I could try to make my own.  A couple days ago, over at Propnomicon, there was an awesome link on How to make molds for polymer coin projects.

As soon as I have some free time, I'll be making an Ithaqua Medallion - maybe you want to do the same and post your results?

As a side note, i know its already sold out, but...  Cryptocurium had a one-of-a-kind Ithaqua voodoo doll, and a creative keeper who doesn't want to make a medallion/coin might want to try something more unique, like a Ithaqua fetish, and simply adjust the scenario a little bit for the change.





EDIT: The same day that I posted this, Chaosium posted this update, and they show a picture of the "official" Illigor Ithaqua Medallion, and now I'm kicking myself in the butt even more for not getting one.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment